13 July 2021: The Current Affairs Quizzes section of Jagranjosh aims to help every competitive exam aspirant to revise the day at ease. The day’s updated quizzes cover topics such as India’s retail inflation in June, Mathru Kavacham campaign, Zika virus in India and world’s first conjugate Covid-19 vaccine among others.
1. How much was India’s retail inflation in June 2021?
a) 6.24 percent
b) 6.25 percent
c) 6.26 percent
d) 6.27 percent
2. Serum Institute of India will begin manufacturing which among the following vaccines in India from September 2021?
d) Sputnik V
3. Which state plans to launch the Mathru Kavacham campaign to vaccinate pregnant women?
b) Andhra Pradesh
4. Which state government has decided to give Rs 10 lakhs to each of the Tokyo Olympic participant from the state?
b) Uttar Pradesh
5. How many cases of Zika virus have been detected in Kerala so far?
6. Which among the following missiles failed during testfiring on July 12th?
7. World’s first conjugate Covid-19 vaccine Soberana 2 has been developed indigenously by which nation?
8. Which Aerospace and defense manufacturer recently provided the Indian Navy with its 10th P-8I aircraft?
a) Northrop Grumman
b) GE Aviation
c) Lockheed Martin
1. (c) 6.26 percent
India’s retail inflation stood at 6.26 percent in June 2021, which is slightly down from 6.30 percent in May but still well above the Reserve Bank of India’s (RBI) threshold of 6 percent. This is as per the data issued by the Ministry of Statistics and Programme Implementation on July 12, 2021.
2. (d) Sputnik V
India’s top vaccine maker, Serum Institute of India (SII) will begin production of the Russian COVID-19 vaccine, Sputnik V from September 2021. This was informed by Kirill Dmitriev, CEO of the Russian Direct Investment Fund.
3. (d) Kerala
Kerala Health Minister Veena George informed on July 12, 2021 that the Kerala government is all set to launch a campaign called ‘Mathru Kavacham’ to provide COVID-19 vaccines to all the pregnant women in the state.
4. (b) Uttar Pradesh
Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath announced that the state government will provide Rs 10 lakhs to each player for participating in singles and team events. The gold medal winners in the individual category will get Rs 6 crores from the state government, while the gold medalists in team events will receive Rs 3 crores each.
5. (a) 21
The Kerala Health Minister Veena George informed on July 13, 2021 that two more people in the state have been diagnosed with the Zika virus. With this, the state’s total tally of Zika virus cases has gone up to 21.
6. (b) Bramhos
In a rare occurrence, the BrahMos supersonic cruise missile test carried out off the coast of Odisha on July 12, 2021 failed and the missile fell shortly after takeoff. The extended range version of the missile was being tested that is capable of hitting targets up to 450 kilometres.
7. (c) Cuba
Cuba has developed the world’s first conjugate Covid-19 vaccine Soberana 2 (Sovereign 2). Cuba’s State-run corporation BioFarma confirmed on July 9, 2021 that its indigenously produced Soberana 2 vaccine showed 91.2% efficacy when delivered with a booster shot of Soberana Plus during phase-3 clinical trials.
8. (d) Boeing
Indian Navy has received its tenth P-8I long-range maritime reconnaissance anti-submarine aircraft from Boeing. This is the second aircraft to be delivered under the contract for four additional aircraft, which was signed by the Indian Defence Ministry in 2016.