30 April 2021: The Current Affairs Quizzes section of Jagranjosh aims to help every competitive exam aspirant to revise the day at ease. The day’s updated quizzes cover topics such as Soli Sorabjee, ICC World Test Championship Final 2021 and WhatsApp helpline number for women among others.
1. Former Attorney General of India Soli Sorabjee passed away on April 30, 2021. When was he first appointed as attorney general of India?
2. Where will ICC World Test Championship Final 2021 take place?
a) The Oval
b) Hampshire Bowl
3. Who has launched a special WhatsApp helpline number for pregnant women?
4. What is Bharat Biotech’s revised Covaxin price for states?
a) Rs 500
b) Rs 400
c) Rs 450
d) Rs 300
5. IRDAI has directed insurers to settle Covid-related cashless claims within how much time?
a) 60 mins
b) 90 mins
c) 100 mins
d) 90 mins
6. India has permitted which state to fly drones for experimental delivery of COVID-19 vaccines?
b) Andhra Pradesh
c) Madhya Pradesh
1. (c) 1989
Former Attorney General of India Soli Sorabjee passed away early in the morning today, April 30, 2021. He was 91. The Padma Vibhushan awardee was first appointed as the attorney general of India from 1989-90 and was reappointed from 1998-2004.
2. (b) Hampshire Bowl
The ICC World Test Championship Final 2021 is scheduled to take place at the Hampshire Bowl, Southampton from June 18-23, which includes a reserve day.
3. (a) NCW
The National Commission for Women has launched a WhatsApp helpline number to provide emergency medical assistance to pregnant women. The emergency number is 9354954224. The move was undertaken after the commission noticed that pregnant women were facing difficulty in accessing medical aid.
4. (b) Rs 400
Bharat Biotech on April 29, 2021 reduced the cost of the COVAXIN vaccine for State governments from earlier announced Rs 600 per dose to Rs 400 per dose.
5. (a) 60 mins
Insurance regulator IRDAI has directed insurers to approve Covid-related cashless claims within 60 minutes of receiving appropriate documents from the claimant.
6. (a) Telangana
The Government of Telangana on April 30, 2021, was given conditional permission for the drone deployment by the Civil Aviation Ministry and the Directorate General of Civil Aviation for conducting an experimental delivery of the COVID-19 vaccines in the state.