9 June 2021: The Current Affairs Quizzes section of Jagranjosh aims to help every competitive exam aspirant to revise the day at ease. The day’s updated quizzes cover topics such as new Election Commissioner, Surakshit Hum Surakshit Tum Abhiyaan and World Bank report on global economic prospects among others.
1. Anup Chandra Pandey has been appointed as the new Election Commissioner. He is a retired IAS Officer from which among the following cadres?
2. According to World Bank’s report on global economic recovery post-Covid-19 pandemic, India’s GDP is expected to grow how much in the current fiscal year?
a) 7.7 percent
b) 6.5 percent
c) 8.3 percent
d) 9.0 percent
3. Which among the following philanthropic foundations has partnered with NITI Aayog to launch Surakshit Hum Surakshit Tum Abhiyaan?
a) Aditya Birla Foundation
b) Reliance Foundation
c) Azim Premji charitable foundation
d) Piramal Foundation
4. A village in which state/ UT has become India’s first to achieve 100 percent vaccination of adults?
a) Jammu and Kashmir
5. Which Union Territory has decided to reserve jobs exclusively for locals?
a) Andaman & Nicobar Islands
d) Jammu and Kashmir
6. Union External Affairs will pay a three-day visit to which nation from June 12-14?
7. When is the Parliament Public Accounts Committee scheduled to meet to deliberate on the Covid-19 vaccination policy?
a) June 11th
b) June 14th
c) June 15th
d) June 16th
8. Which nation is building its first fully stealth naval warship?
1. (a) UP
The Union Law and Justice Ministry announced on June 8, 2021, that the former Chief Secretary of Uttar Pradesh, Anup Chandra Pandey has been appointed as the Election Commissioner. He will be joining the poll panel as one of the two Election Commissioners, the other being Rajiv Kumar. He is a retired 1984-batch Indian Administrative Service Officer from Uttar Pradesh cadre.
2. (c) 8.3 percent
The World Bank has forecasted India’s GDP growth for FY 2021-22 to be 8.3 percent, supported by plans for higher spending on health, rural development, infrastructure and a stronger-than-expected recovery in services.
3. (d)Piramal Foundation
Surakshit Hum Surakshit Tum Abhiyaan was launched by NITI Aayog and Piramal Foundation on June 8, 2021 to support district administrations in providing home-care support to asymptomatic COVID-19 patients or those who have mild symptoms.
4. (a) Jammu and Kashmir
Weyan village in Bandipora district of Jammu and Kashmir has become the first village in India to achieve 100 per cent vaccination of eligible adults against COVID-19.
5. (b) Ladakh
Ladakh administration has decided to reserve jobs exclusively for locals under its newly formed Union Territory of Ladakh Employment (Subordinate) Service Recruitment Rules 2021. Clause 11 of the notification issued regarding the same by Ladakh’s Labour and Employment Department reads, no person shall be qualified for appointment to the service unless the person is a resident of Union Territory of Ladakh.
6. (c) Kenya
Union External Affairs Minister S Jaishankar will pay an official visit to Kenya from June 12-14, confirmed the External Affairs Ministry on June 7, 2021. The EAM is expected to chair the third meeting of the India-Kenya Joint Commission meeting along with his Kenyan counterpart.
7. (d) June 16th
The Parliament Public Accounts Committee (PAC) is scheduled to hold a meeting on June 16, 2021 to deliberate on the country’s Covid-19 vaccination policy. This will be the committee’s first physical meeting amid the second wave of the Covid-19 pandemic.
8. (b) Russia
Russia is building its first stealth naval warship that will be fully equipped with stealth technology making it hard to detect it by enemy vessels. This was reported by the Russian media on June 8, 2021.