Florida building collapse toll 90 – Times of India


FLORIDA: The death toll in the collapse of a Miami-area condominium rose to 90 on Sunday from 86, as crews continued their grim search for human remains in the building’s wreckage, Miami-Dade county mayor Daniella Levine Cava said.
Another 31 people were still “potentially unaccounted for”, Cava said. With no survivors rescued from the ruins since the first few hours after the collapse on June 24, officials last week declared that their search effort had switched from rescue to recovery. Working around the clock with only a few safety-related pauses, Cava said, workers have removed 6,350 tonnes of concrete and debris from the site.





Source by [author_name]

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *